Friday 11 April 2014

You Have Nothing to Prove: Knowing You’re Good Enough



“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” ~Maya Angelou
 
 
  • I admired them for their untroubled lives and yearned for what they had—the complete and total lack of care for what I thought of them.
 
 
  • I wanted to be someone who was noticed, praised, respected, and looked up to. I wanted to be special.


  • I never felt good enough. I hadn’t yet realized that I was so afraid of judgment from other people because I was constantly judging myself.

  • I knew in that moment that I would have to make a choice.

The ducks were simply themselves. They didn’t care that there was someone on the beach. They didn’t instantly attempt to straighten their feathers or worry about whether or not I liked how they were swimming. They were completely at ease. Free. 

How can you accept yourself today? My best advice is in three small words: be a duck!http://www.feedblitz.com/f/f.fbz?Fwd2FriendEdit=850672;2121230;http://tinybuddha.com/blog/you-have-nothing-to-prove-knowing-youre-good-enough/;You%20Have%20Nothing%20to%20Prove:%20Knowing%20You%E2%80%99re%20Good%20Enough;4746214

No comments:

Post a Comment