Monday 19 May 2014

Trusting Yourself to Make Decisions Instead of Always Seeking Advice



“To thine own self be true.” ~William Shakespeare


No one knows the real you but you. Sometimes it is true that we don’t know ourselves. That’s because we have lost ourselves, or maybe because we never knew ourselves to begin with.


  •  I learned not trust my ability to make a good decision because the people in my life did not validate my view of reality


  • When I did make a decision, I got the impression that people are in your life to change your mind, and guilt and shame were good tactics to achieve that.This has made it extremely difficult for me to make and stick to decisions.

 If you think you aren’t qualified to make a good choice then you’re going to be afraid to make any choice.

 People seem to lose respect for people who are wishy-washy and can’t make their own decisions. In other words, people who can’t think for themselves are also people who don’t respect themselves because they don’t respect their own opinions.

  •  It takes a lot of courage to stand up and take personal responsibility for your life and actually “own” your decisions.

  •  I have let others play the scapegoat by allowing them to be my decision makers.

 Ask for advice if you feel you need it, but take it with a grain of salt. In the end, you are the one who needs to live with your decision. The gurus won’t be the one with the consequences of your choice.


  •  Don’t be so afraid of making mistakes. Fear of the choice being “bad” keeps you stuck. Accept that you are human. As far as I know, all humans make mistakes. The only ones that won’t give you grace are the ones that have no grace for themselves. So lighten up a bit.

http://p.feedblitz.com/t3.asp?/850672/29312163/4764754/tinybuddha.com/blog/trusting-yourself-to-make-decisions-instead-of-always-seeking-advice/





 

No comments:

Post a Comment