Sunday 2 March 2014

Owning Our Stories: Overcoming The Fears That Make Us Play Small

“I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.” ~Brené Brown

I now see that this whole thing about owning your story isn’t about drama. It’s not about having a story that you feel is significant and worthy enough to share.  

let go of old defensive ways of playing small like people pleasing, avoidance, and perfection.

two fears when I started to own this story: 

(1)What would people think about me? How could I openly stand up and say, “I practice radical self-acceptance,” because my wound is that I fear I am not enough as I am?
(2)What would people think about me? How could I openly stand up and say, “I practice radical s)elf-acceptance,” because my wound is that I fear I am not enough as I am?

http://p.feedblitz.com/t3.asp?/850672/29312163/4727175/tinybuddha.com/blog/owning-our-stories-overcoming-fears-that-make-us-play-small/




No comments:

Post a Comment